Seeking scientists to write for our blog
You are a scientist who likes to talk about science. You may be a graduate student, a postdoc, a faculty, or a professional scientific writer. You have experienced the challenges of communicating with an audience of non-specialists.
You may be eager to make yourself visible in the scientific community. You might be interested in reaching a broader audience than scientific publications describing your research. You may be interested in exploring career options in scientific communication or technical marketing.
Consider writing scientific blog posts. This rewarding activity will complement your graduate education or postdoctoral training.
This is an independent contractor position. Applications from scientists not based in the US are welcome. Commissioned articles are paid an agreed-upon flat fee upon delivery. Submit an application for more information.
- Discuss topics with the blog editor.
- Write articles within the target text-length (500 to 1500 words depending on the topic).
- Propose images to illustrate the article.
- Identify linking opportunities within the GenoFAB blog and to external sites.
- Meet the editorial calendar deadline
- Revise your submission based on the editor's recommendations.
- Promote your blog posts.
- Have a bachelor's degree in life science, chemistry, chemical engineering, or related field.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Research experience in a life science environment.
- Proficient in the professional use of social media.
Fill this simple application to learn more about this opportunity.