Scientific Video Producer
Seeking graduate students and postdoc to produce instructional videos.
You are a graduate student or a postdoc. You enjoy the challenge of finding creative ways to communicate with an audience of non-specialists.
You are eager to make yourself visible in the scientific community. You want to improve your communication skills using a variety of complementary media. You need to demonstrate your teaching skills in preparation for upcoming job applications.
Your life would be easier if you could complement your stipend with a secondary source of income.
This is an independent contractor position. Applications from scientists not based in the US are welcome. Videos are paid an agreed-upon flat fee upon delivery. Submit an application to get the details.
- Discuss video topics with the blog editor.
- Shoot videos in a laboratory environment.
- Edit footage to produce 2 to 5 minute videos.
- Write text complementing the video material (500 to 1000 words depending on the topic).
- Propose images to illustrate the article.
- Identify linking opportunities within the GenoFAB blog and to external sites.
- Meet the editorial calendar deadline
- Revise your submission based on the editor's recommendations.
- Promote your blog posts.
- Enrolled in a graduate program or have a graduate degree.
- Be able to shoot videos in a laboratory.
- Experience producing short videos including shooting, sound recording, and editing.
- Research experience in a life science environment.
- Proficient in the professional use of social media.
Fill this simple application to learn more about this opportunity.