LIMS Product Manager
Help us launch a platform to transform laboratory life.
You are a scientist who has spent years working in a laboratory. You know first hand how inefficient many laboratories are. You may have worked with poorly labeled samples. You sometimes questioned the purpose of collecting some data. You have resented the poor organization of your work environment. You felt that you wasted your time entering data into your organization's information system.
Join us to build and launch a LIMS that scientists love.
This position will work at this interface between the software engineering team and the end-user community. It will participate in efforts to specify, test, and document GenoFAB. It will also be responsible for market research, generating requirements for future products, refining pricing models, and developing inbound marketing strategies to support the development of a vibrant user community.
This is a part-time and remote position.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Have a bachelor's degree in life science, chemistry, chemical engineering, or related field.
- Excellent communication skills in a variety of formats.
- At least one year of laboratory experience in a life science environment.
- Prior experience in technical marketing or scientific communication.
- Be eligible to work in the US. The company will not sponsor visa applications.
- Graduate degree in a scientific or business field.
- Experience using a LIMS in a laboratory environment.
- Familiarity with the laboratory informatics market.
- Prior experience managing a technology product.
- Working knowledge of agile software development processes.
- Track record of success in an early-stage startup demonstrating ability to grow in position as fast as the company.
- Familiarity with implementation of inbound marketing strategies in a HubSpot environment.
- Located in Northern Colorado.
Fill this simple application to learn more about this opportunity.