Your Productivity System
- Increase the statistical power of your experiments by producing more data points and reducing experimental errors.
- Increased statistical power is the difference between strong scientific results and anecdotal observations.
- Strong scientific results lead to stronger patent applications, higher impact publications, and accelerated development of better-performing products.
- Let everyone on the team know how they can best contribute their time and talent to the team's success.
- Use the lab's dashboard to keep track of the work in process, the to-do list, and the list of backlogged requests.
- Avoid time wasted reinventing the wheel by standardizing your processes and communicating them to the entire team.
- Break down your processes into simpler operations that can be performed by less qualified employees.
- Better manage your inventory to streamline your ordering processes, use supplies by their expiration date, and better track your equipment and other assets.
- Eliminate rework by improving process stability and sample tracking strategies.