We're seeking grad students and postdocs interested in gaining software engineering experience.
You are a graduate student or a postdoc with meaningful bioinformatics experience. Over the years, you have become proficient in using standard bioinformatics tools. You can develop scripts to analyze datasets by combining a variety of open-source software applications.
At this point, you may be considering non-academic career opportunities outside that would take advantage of your bioinformatics expertise and experience. You may also feel the need to gain real-world software development experience by contributing to a project larger than what you could handle on your own. You may be interested in better understanding the potential of modern cloud computing platforms.
Your life would be easier if you could complement your stipend with a secondary source of income.
Consider joining our team as a bioinformatics intern to help us integrate existing and new bioinformatics tools with the GenoFAB LIMS.
- Productize existing bioinformatics tools for deployment on the GenoFAB platform.
- Deploy existing bioinformatics tools to Google Cloud.
- Develop original bioinformatics scripts.
- Test and document the GenoFAB bioinformatics tools.
- Enrolled in a graduate program or have a graduate degree.
- One year of hands-on bioinformatics experience.
- Good understanding of workflows to analyze DNA sequencing data.
- Good understanding of DNA sequence analysis algorithms.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- High-level of proficiency in Python.
- Working knowledge of a second programming language.
- Be eligible to work in the US.
- Front-end development experience (React and/or D3 will put you at the top of our list).
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Java or PHP.
- Experience with agile development processes.
- Experience with modern cloud computing platforms like AWS or GCC.
Fill this simple application to learn more about this opportunity.